Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Why Am I Here?

I decided to initiate a blog this morning, when I read this at Spink About It. Spink asks about the lack of Progressive Conservative (New Brunswick-style) political blogs. My first reaction was to ask whether or not the Times & Transcript counted, but for once my ambition trumped my sarcastic apathy and I decided that I would start my own little blog here. It should last for the duration of the election, at least.

I can only fill the void that Spink blogged about on a general level, though: I'm no Tory. For the purposes of this blog, I feel comfortable self-identifying as a "multi-partisan" person. The Liberals have some great candidates (both incumbent and otherwise) who ought to be in the legislature, the Tories have demonstrated a willingness to react to the concerns of New Brunswickers (albeit with questionable solution-implementation strategies), and the NDP is needed in order to balance the behemoths and ensure that the Liberals and PCs actually, you know, do stuff.

I will be back soon with some commentary. This should be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home